Books and DVDs to take you (or your students) from no Arabic at all to GCSE. More detailed reviews coming shortly.
* Read and Speak Arabic – by Jane Wightwick and Mahmoud Gaafar
* Mastering Arabic Grammar – by Jane Wightwick and Mahmoud Gaafar
* Build your Arabic Vocabulary – by Haroon Shirwani
Includes themed vocabulary lists, puzzles and writing exercises to help you practice using the words, and hundreds of flashcards to test yourself
* Carnival – Book 1, Book 2, Book 3 (described as ‘pre-GCSE’ but this means appropriate for a course leading up to the GCSE exam; book 3 contains texts which are much longer and harder than what is required of GCSE)
* Talk with Me – pre-GCSE conversations about various topics, with audio CDs
* GCSE & AS Arabic: the ultimate writing guide
Please comment below if you’d like to suggest any other books or resources which you’ve found useful for teaching or studying GCSE Arabic.