Here are some resources and links for learners at upper intermediate level, aka CEFR level B2 and also referred to as vantage level. Someone studying a foreign language at this level can (or is aiming to be able to)…
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes & ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
A person who is at this level might be someone who:
- is has a good grade at GCE A-level (also called A2 level) in a UK school
- is completed two years of an intensive Arabic degree
- has completed over 400 contact hours of Arabic tuition
GCE A-Level textbooks
* Arab History – MM Books
* Important Issues – MM Books
see others by MM books for GCE A-Level here
* Media Arabic – Bray and Jamil
* Foreigncy – excellent service producing daily flashcards to help you read current affairs and news articles in Arabic (also Urdu, Hebrew, Mandarin and Russian)